- Speaking Spanish will help you to have friendships/relationships with people from all over the world.
- Really get to know people from other countries and open yourself up to new and different perspectives.
- Improve your tolerance and understanding - essential life lessons.
- Learn new ways of doing things.
- Incorporate aspects of another culture into your daily life.
- Learning a language will help you become part of a culture and country rather than just an observer
- Latin America is one of the most beautiful, fun, and cheapest places on the earth to travel. However, only 5% of people there speak English. With a bit of Spanish - you'll be able to get around easily.
- Spanish is EASY and FUN! And it's not always the smartest people who learn a language best - it's those most willing to give it a go!
- Many words in Spanish are similar in English. For example, EDUCATION and EDUCACION. So you probably already speak more Spanish than you know.
- Spanish is almost PHONETIC - which means that every letter is pronounced the same in almost every word.
- Spanish follows the rules. Unlike English which has more exceptions than rules, Spanish is very law abiding! Learn the rules and you'll be speaking in no time!
- There are lots of great movies and songs in Spanish - learning can be a lot of fun!
- Not only that, but there is a lot of great food and wine from Spain and Latin America. Learn all about it.
- People with a second language have been proven to score higher on acadmic tests.
- They also make better decisions, are more able to multi-task, and have better concentration and memory.
- Learning a second language will help you to understand and speak your own language better.
- It will also help you learn other new languages much easier.
In this rapidly changing world, nobody can be sure of employment. Learning another language will greatly enhance your chances of getting not just a job but a great job.
- Apply for jobs which require you to speak Spanish here in Australia.
- Work in Spain or Latin America where the demand for native English speakers who also speak Spanish is very high.
- People with a second language earn a higher salary on average than those with only one language.
- If you want to make a difference in the world - speaking Spanish will allow you to help out in poorer regions of Latin America that are desperate for volunteers.
- Learning Spanish will open you and your business up to the huge and rapidly developing economy that is Latin America.
- Talk directly to manufacturers, other businesses, or potential outlets of your products.
- Import a huge variety of products from Latin America or Spain or take your own business there.
- As you learn a new language and learn about a new culture, you by necessity are confronted with your own beliefs and values.
- Become stronger in who you really are.
- Become the person you were always meant to be. Some languages and cultures just feel "right" to us - like we were always supposed to be a part of them. Is this Spanish for you?
Watch the video below on why one of our students, Sally Gordon, is learning Spanish: